Tsars is a simple but stylish online casino created with mobile users in mind. It is run by a casino operator that is licensed in Curacao, allowing this casino to target players in popular gambling regions like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Denmark, and Norway. In fact, pretty much everywhere except for Sweden, the UK, the US, and a handful of other regions where online gambling is restricted.
The same operator, RR Investments N.V., overseas the running of ZenBetting Casino, another Bitcoin-friendly casino that has been reviewed here at Coinbuzz. Tsars launched in 2020—a great year for gaming and a terrible year for pretty much everything else.
It can be accessed in English, Spanish, Finnish, Danish, and Norwegian, and accepts a number of currencies and a broad range of payment methods. In this Tsars Casino review, we’ll look at those options and highlight the casino’s promotions, games, and customer support options.
A tsar or czar was the name given to a supreme leader of Eastern Europe. The name began in Bulgaria and was then used in Serbia and Russia. Things didn’t always end well for these mighty leaders, as was the case in 20th century Russia, but they certainly enjoyed power and wealth during their reigns.
But what has all of this got to do with an online casino, we hear you ask? Well, we’re not sure. Before loading Tsars Casino, we expected to be greeted with a casino that celebrated the decadence of the Russian tsars, like an imperial version of King Billy Casino. What we actually saw was a lighthouse acting as a loading screen, and this then gave way to a futuristic kingdom in the skies.
It looks like something take right out of the Bioshock universe, albeit with a hint of Nintendo brightness and optimism. There are no Russian leaders in sight, and to be honest, we love it. Although a little confused, we instantly fell in love with this aesthetic and have to praise the designers who crafted it and the marketing guys who imagined it.
It is very mobile-centric, and as we mainly play on desktop, that is a little frustrating. But it’s something we got used to very quickly. The hamburger icon in the top-left of the screen will direct you to all of the site’s many pages, while the rest of the virtual real estate is dedicated to large gaming thumbnails, promotion graphics, and more.
It’s very streamlined and simple. You won’t find overly-cluttered pages and stacks of distracting features here, but at the same time, it’s not overwhelming or boring and we settled in very quickly.
Tsars has opted for a very mobile-friendly aesthetic in the games room and this doesn’t always work on desktop, as noted above. We prefer it when casinos have a long list of options and filters to help us find the games we’re looking for, and these aren’t as prominent on Tsars. However, we do like the way that the games are laid out, using large thumbnails and unique graphics to make even the oldest and most generic of slots look new.
The games are provided by a selection of leading software developers, including a few of our personal favourites:
- Betsoft: In our opinion, no one makes more attractive slots than Betsoft. All of these games come courtesy of the Slots3 platform, which allows this talented creator to go one step further than its competitors in the graphics department. Betsoft games don’t just look good either. They also incorporate a host of unique mechanics and features to ensure they stand out. It’s for this reason that Betsoft has won so many awards over the years.
- Blueprint Gaming: Blueprint is another developer that is always near the top of our list, but unlike Betsoft, which has held that position for years, Blueprint Gaming is a relatively new addition. We fell in love with Blueprint’s games following the release of titles like Top Cat, Worms, and The Goonies, all progressive jackpot slots based on classic franchises. They use the Jackpot Kings series of jackpots, which we would definitely recommend if you want a chance to win big.
- Evolution Gaming: No developer comes close to Evolution Gaming when it comes to Live Casino games. This is where you will find titles like Dreamcatcher, Crazy Time, Lightning Dice, Lightning Roulette, and hundreds of others. Evolution Gaming has done more for the Live Dealer sector than any other creator and continues to evolve and improve it with every new innovation.
- NetEnt: A favourite with many players, NetEnt is responsible for crafting countless beautiful real money slots, including Gonzo’s Quest. However, one of its most popular creations also happens to be its simplest: Starburst. This stripped-back title doesn’t go big with graphics or bonus features, but it still stands out from the crowd.
- Microgaming: The oldest, biggest, and best-known developer, and one that is responsible for many new and classic titles. Microgaming can be a little hit and miss, but when you see this developer’s name in an online casino you know you’re going to get a good variety of progressive jackpot slots, classic slots, and video poker games.
- Wazdan: Although Wazdan doesn’t receive the sort of praise that’s often reserved for the other names on this list, it really deserves it. Wazdan is one of the world’s most prolific creators and has a multitude of features that helps it to stand out, including ones that allow players to increase the size of the visuals and text, tweak the volatility, and more. What’s more, the Wazdan range spans over 100 titles and there are some gems amongst them.
This is just a small selection—the cream of the crop. The Tsars games room is home to over a dozen other creators and offers a multitude of slots, table games, Live Dealer games, video poker, and more. There’s a little something for everyone and all games are mobile-friendly.
Bonuses and Promotions
The Tsars Welcome Bonus offers up to €2,000 and 200 Free Spins for all new players. This offer is spread across four deposits and looks like this:
• 100% Matched Bonus up to €300 + 100 Free Spins
• 50% Matched Bonus up to €300 + 100 Free Spins
• 40% Matched Bonus up to €400
• 25% Matched Bonus up to €1,000
The second, third, and fourth bonuses are pretty low with regards to the matched percentages, but as there is €2,000 on offer, we can’t really complain. Many sites out there, including the otherwise fantastic BetMaster, have bonuses that are equal to or less than the first deposit offer. In this context, it’s a great offer and one that will appeal to all types of players, including high rollers.
A similar bonus is available over the weekend, offering up to €300 and 30 Free Spins. This is triggered as a 30% match, which means you’ll get the full €300 if you deposit €1,000 and collect €30 if you deposit €100. A Daily Bonus is available to all active members and there is also a weekly Wednesday Mystery Bonus. These are the closest thing that Tsars has to a Loyalty Scheme, which is a shame, as we would have preferred the real deal.
If you’re looking for a site that has one of these themes, take a look at SlotsHeaven. The SlotsHeaven VIP Scheme is one of the best that we have encountered and offers rewards and perks for players of all stake levels.
We’ve seen a few claims that Tsars has a very slow withdrawal speed, with some sites listing the pending time as being between 2 and 4 days. However, in our experience, withdrawals are instant. We tried using a couple of different methods, including Bitcoin, and both times we got our money very quickly and without fuss.
The verification process was equally fast and in an industry where it can take over a week and multiple requests to verify your details, it’s always refreshing to see a site that does this in a matter of hours.
As for the payment options, Tsars accepts a variety of cryptocurrencies and traditional payment methods. These include Bitcoin, Litecoin, Skrill, Neteller, Visa, MasterCard, Neosurf, and ecoPayz. Take a look at the information below this Tsars review to see a full list of payment options, along with other essential info.
All players are limited to a maximum withdrawal of €2,000 per day, increasing to €5,000 a week and €10,000 a month. The monthly withdrawal limit is equal to some of the lowest limits that we have seen. However, the daily limit is much higher. All things considered, this withdrawal limit will not impact small stake players and medium stake players should avoid issues as well. However, it rules Tsars Casino out for high rollers and anyone depositing upwards of €10,000 at a time.
If you deposit €5,000 in one go, for instance, and you go on to win just 20x or €100,000, you will need to wait a total of 10 months to receive your money. Not only is it a pain to wait this long, but having money in your account for such a long time makes you more prone to cancelling withdrawals and wagering your winnings. This is true for all players and not just those who are prone to problem gambling.
It’s not just the withdrawals that are limiting, as there is also a cap on the deposits and these range from between €4,000 and €5,000 for traditional payment methods. Where Bitcoins are concerned, it’s a little more generous and players can deposit as much as 1.51 BTC at the time of writing. This is subject to change, however, as it seems to be fixed to a traditional currency.
If you’re a high roller, take a look at alternative online casino options like MELbet, where the limits are much higher and loyal players are welcomed in their droves.
- Attractive Site
- Simple Navigation
- Great on Mobile
- Lots of Developers
- Great Games
- Big Welcome Bonus
We looked through many Tsars reviews and noted some issues of concern. However, these were very small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Most players, it seems, have a good time here and have little to complain about.
Of the negative reviews and comments that we found, many highlight the inclusion of a withdrawal limit. A few players have complained about winning up to €10,000 and not being able to withdraw all of this at once. We can understand why this is frustrating, but it’s worth putting things into perspective.
At least you will get that money eventually and because the limit isn’t that low on Tsars, it should actually land in your account within a week or two. The same can’t be said elsewhere, such as on Araxio Casinos like Cadoola Casino. Here, the limit is fixed to a measly €500 per day. If you win €10,000, for instance, you will need to withdraw in 20 lots of €500 over the course of the month.
That is frustrating, but being forced to wait a few days for a big win isn’t that much of an issue.
Other reviewers have complained about the limited selection of Reload Bonuses and other Loyalty Offers. This is also something that we have highlighted in our review. However, as with the withdrawal limit, this issue looks relatively minor when compared to other online casinos.
Our Tsars Review
We enjoyed our experience with Tsars as there is a lot to like here. As noted already, we would have preferred if the desktop software was a little more suitable, and it can also be a little slow, with loading screens reminiscent of video games. Overall, however, we had a good time here.
As it’s our job to highlight the bad as well as the good, we are disappointed in the lack of a Loyalty Scheme and the inclusion of a withdrawal limit, but these are far from the worst things in the world and many players will be happy to overlook them. If Tsars sounds like your kind of casino, join today, make your first deposit, and start collecting your share of the Welcome Bonus.
If you want to reserve your time and money for a site that is absolutely perfect and accepts Bitcoins, take a look at Bitstarz Online Casino instead. It currently sits at the top of our best-rated Bitcoin casino list and has been there for a long time.