- Nearly 3,000 Games
- Lots of Top Developers
- Great Mobile App
- Live Casino
- Fast Withdrawals
- Small Welcome Bonus
- Withdrawal Limit
- Desktop Site Isn’t Great
Zen Betting Casino launched in 2017 under ownership from RR Investment N.V., an iGaming operator that is licensed in Curacao. It is a very unique-looking online casino, with a vast selection of casino games, many tempting bonuses, and a payment system that accepts a host of different methods, including cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies.
…a very unique-looking online casino, with a vast selection of casino games…
Based on the name and the American Football helmet that features in the site’s logo, you could be forgiven for thinking it was a sports book first and a casino second, much like the stylish Rabona Casino. However, there are no sports betting markets here, and we’re not really sure what the connection is.
The Bitcoin casino industry is pretty much dominated by just two operators: Araxio Development and Direx N.V. If you have spent any time browsing CoinBuzz, you will have seen both of these names appear regularly.
Direx N.V. is the operator of casinos like WooCasino, as well as countless others that sit atop our list of the very best cryptocurrency casinos. As far as we can tell, Direx operates more casinos in this industry and is also releasing new brands at a faster rate than anyone else.
As for Araxio, this is the creator behind Zet Casino, as well as many sportsbook and casino cross-overs, all of which have embraced cryptocurrencies.
So, where does Zen Betting Casino fit in? Well, this site isn’t owned by either of the aforementioned operators. In fact, it’s owned by a company with just a couple of sites. It’s rare to see this, and it may put some players off, but it’s definitely not a bad thing and doesn’t automatically mean the casino is not as safe, fair, or legitimate as the ones outlined above.
You could argue that it’s better for an operator to own fewer sites. For one thing, it means that they don’t have too many irons in the fire and can direct more of their focus to creating better sites. And in Zen Betting Casino’s case, it really does feel like the operators have spent a lot of time on the site.
Zen Betting Casino looks much better on mobile than it does on desktop. It looks like it was made with mobile players in mind. The main screens feature large graphic squares advertising the slots and other games. This looks great, and it adds a certain degree of originality to the aesthetic, because even when you’re looking at games you’ve seen a million times, they still seem original, as the graphics used are different from the norm.
However, it can be frustrating if you typically browse through pages and pages of games before finding the one you’re looking for. With Zen Betting Casino, the large icons mean that even when you’re playing on desktop, there are only ever 8 thumbnails or so displayed on the screen at any one time. And when you consider that the casino has nearly 3,000 games, that’s a lot of pages to scroll through.
On the plus side, the filters are pretty effective and can help you narrow your search by provider and game categories.
We have listed the full section of iGaming providers below this Zen Betting Casino review. As for the categories, they include:
- Bonus Games: Most real money slot games have bonus features. They were unique and rare a couple of decades ago, back when online slots had just a few paylines and 1, 2, or 3 reels. These days, however, they are commonplace and most players won’t play slots unless they have at least 1 bonus feature. In fact, some of our favourite slots have 6 or more of these features, including Blueprint titles like The Goonies and NetEnt games like South Park.
- Bonus Buy: These games all have bonus features that you can purchase and activate straightaway. We’re always a little torn on these features, but ultimately, we like them. If you’re a bonus-hunter like we are, and you find yourself spinning for hours without success, it’s a great option to have. You should know, however, that the price of this feature is often quite high and it’s always better and more profitable to unlock a bonus feature organically.
- Jackpots: All of these games have sizeable jackpots available, including multiple progressive jackpot games from Microgaming. Some of the games in this section include 100 Cats, 20 Diamonds, Book of Magic, Monkey Madness, and Stoned Joker.
- Live Casino Games: Zen Betting Casino works with Evolution Gaming to offer a varied selection of top Live Dealer titles. These include many classics, such as the wheel-based Dream Catcher and Crazy Time, as well as board game titles like Monopoly Live. Others are a little more unique and unusual, including Dice Duel and Deal or No Deal Live. All games are streamed from high-tech studios across Europe and you can take a virtual seat and join friendly dealers for a game or two.
- Megaways: A player-favourite that was first developed by BigTimeGaming and has since been licensed to some of the best developers in the industry. Megaways is often added to existing titles, creating a separate and distinctive game as a result. Every time the user spins the reels, a random number of paylines will be activated and this can span over 100,000 paylines in total, depending on the game.
- Slots: This is where you will find most of Zen Betting Casino’s games. Just remember that the filters don’t make for easy scrolling and under the Slots section, there are over 2,000 titles to choose from. Unless you’re willing to search by provider as well, it could take a long time to find the best games.
- Win Both Ways: These games are relatively rare but tend to be very popular. Simply put, while most paylines go from left to right, the ones on these games also go from right to left. Zen Betting Casino has a small but interesting selection of Win Both Ways titles. We commend them for including this as a filter option, as it’s not always easy to find these games.
- Favourites: Along with the “Favourites” tab, there are options for “Popular”, and “Recommended”. Three different menu items that all mean the same thing. This is basically where you’ll find the games that players like the most, as well as the ones that the casino wants you to play the most. Although many players believe these sections are where you’ll find the cream of the crop, it’s often just where they add the games with the best marketing or the highest margins. That may sound cynical of us, but it’s true. Think of these sections as being less like an elite list of the best titles available right now, and more likely the “Specials” menu at a restaurant.
The nearly-3,000 games available at Zen Betting Casino are provided by over 2 dozen top developers, including the brilliant Betsoft, the popular NetEnt, and the massive Microgaming. Blueprint is also listed here. We mentioned this British developer’s The Goonies title above, but it has also created many other licensed games, including Top Cat. If you’re looking for a new slot to explore, we recommend taking a look at these two.
In fact, Blueprint has many great games, especially those that are part of the Jackpot Kings progressive jackpot system.
The Zen Betting Casino Welcome Bonus isn’t the best. In fact, when we first saw it, we thought the page hadn’t loaded properly and we were missing something. That’s because it is a Matched Deposit Bonus that is tied to your fourth deposit only.
There are Free Spin bonuses available for your first few deposits, but these are tiny when compared to what other casinos are offering and are barely worth considering.
As noted on many other online casino reviews, including Araxio’s Buran Casino, Matched Deposit Bonuses often give you money over your first 3, 4, or 5 deposits.
For instance, they may offer you a 100% bonus up to €100 on your first, 50% up to €200 on your second, and so on. You get a return every time you deposit and it keeps you busy for your first few weeks at an online casino. With the Zen Betting Casino Welcome Bonus, you only get a return on your fourth deposit and even then, it’s only 25%.
The cap is fairly good, as it’s fixed at €500, but unless you deposit €2,000, you won’t get anywhere near that amount. The minimum deposit amount for this is €20, and there are wagering requirements as well.
If you’re looking for a new online casino, we recommend taking a look at some of the other sites we have reviewed first. Most of these will give you a bonus for your first three deposits as well as your fourth, and you’ll also collect Free Spins, Reload bonuses, and more.
For instance, Champagne Spins Casino offers up to 4 BTC across several deposits and also invites you to join a generous VIP Program. None of that is true for Zen Betting Casino, and as a result of that, we can’t recommend this site to bonus hunters unless you have already joined most other sites and are now scraping the barrel.
Of course, it’s not all about bonuses, and there are many features of Zen Betting Casino that make it much better than other online casinos. So, don’t dismiss this one just yet.
One of the biggest issues that we have with new online casinos is that they often have very restrictive withdrawal limits. Sometimes, these extend to a total of around €50,000 a month, other times they are limited to just €10,000 a month.
At Fezbet Casino, for instance, you can’t withdraw more than €500 a day and €10,000 a month, and it’s a trend seen across all of its sister sites.
This is not true for Zen Betting Casino, thankfully. In fact, it’s one of the few casinos that actually has limits high enough to cater for high rollers. You can withdraw up to €50,000 a week on this site, so unless you’re gambling more than 6-figures a month, you shouldn’t have an issue.
In addition, all withdrawals are processed quickly and players can choose from crypto and fiat currency options, including Skrill, Neteller, EcoPayz, Bitcoin, and Litecoin. For a full list of all payment methods at Zen Betting Casino, take a look at the data below this review.
As far as verification goes, you may be asked to submit utility bills and a proof of ID. As always, it can be a little frustrating, especially when you’re waiting on a big withdrawal, but it’s usually processed in just a few days and may be finalised in less than a day. Just bide your time, send the casino what they ask, and stop worrying.
Many players get frustrated when they are asked for documents. They start worrying that they are being scammed and that they won’t get their money, and this leads to a host of bad reviews and complaints, all of which occur within just a few days of the first request. Keep your calm, stop stressing, and it will finalize sooner than you think.
- Lots of Games
- Great Developers
- Bitcoin and Litecoin
- Fast Withdrawals
- 24/7 Live Chat
What is the Withdrawal Limit?
You are restricted to a very generous €50,000 a week.
Can I Use Bitcoin?
Yes, you can. It accepts Bitcoin payments for both deposits and withdrawals.
Do I Have to Use Cryptocurrencies?
If you don't want to, you don't have to, as the site accepts a number of traditional currencies as well.
Can I Play in the UK?
You can't. There are other sites that will take you, though, including the superb 32Red Casino.
Is it Fair?
It is a regulated and certified site, so yes, it is fair.
What Currencies Can I Use?
GBP, BTC, AUD, ETH, and EUR are accepted along with a few other major currencies. See below this review for a full list.
It’s rare to find an online casino that gets everything right and in our experience, the mistakes usually involve the bonuses or the withdrawal limits. In fact, more often than not, we find casinos with great bonuses and terrible withdrawal limits, and casinos with terrible bonuses and great withdrawal limits.
Zen Betting Casino is in the latter category. On the one hand, you won’t find the sort of generous bonuses currently being offered by the likes of La-Fiesta Casino, but at the same time, if you win big, you don’t have to wait many months to get all of your money.
If Zen Betting Casino had some larger bonuses and a more desktop-friendly website, it would have been up there with some of the best Bitcoin sites we have reviewed. But with such an awkward desktop navigation and a weak selection of bonuses, it comes up a little short.
This is a still a great online casino, though. If you’re a high stakes player who gets sick of weak withdrawal offers and limited gaming rosters, Zen Betting Casino could be the breath of fresh air that you’re waiting for. Join the site today and make sure you use the links on this Zen Betting Casino review page. That way, you’re guaranteed to activate whatever bonuses the site is offering at the time. They may not be the biggest or the best, but they are still better than nothing.
For more information about the many currencies, languages, payment options, and games at Zen Betting Casino, take a look at the info below.