- Great Bonuses
- Varied Selection of Games
- Established Brand
- Fast Withdrawals
- Accepts Traditional Payment Methods
- Live Casino
- Leading Bitcoin Casino
- Bitcoins and Other Crypto Accepted
- Not Available in the UK
Launched in 2014, BitStarz helped to kick-start a new wave of Bitcoin casinos. Prior to the launch of this game-changing brand, Bitcoin casinos were on the fringes of the iGaming world. They ignored traditional payment methods, rarely worked with well-known iGaming developers, and weren’t always as safe and secure as they should have been.
BitStarz set out to do something different, combining Bitcoins with traditional payment methods and creating an online casino that all experienced players would recognise.
BitStarz helped to kick-start a new wave of Bitcoin casinos
Today, BitStarz stands out as one of the best cryptocurrency casinos on the internet. It is a reputation that has been carefully nurtured over several years, one that has welcomed thousands of players and offers some of the best bonuses in the industry.
In our BitStarz review, we’ll take an honest look at this top Bitcoin casino and try to be as subjective as possible as we pick apart its bonuses, payment methods, customer support, and more.
Since it first launched, BitStarz has been very generous with its Welcome Bonuses. One of its biggest bonuses is active right now and is one of the best we’ve seen on any cryptocurrency casino. Players can get up 5 BTCs or €/$500 when they join and make 4 qualifying deposits.
In addition, players can get up to 205 Free Spins. The first 25 spins are released on sign up and arrive before you even make your first deposit. The rest of the spins (180) are provided as soon as you make your qualifying deposit.
This “no-deposit” offer seems to come and go, but BitStarz Casino is much more consistent with those 180 Free Spins. So, even if the no-deposit bonus is not available at the time that you click the sidebar links and join, you will still be able to collect those 180 Free Spins when you make your first deposit.
Those spins are released in batches of 20 per day and they will start being drip-fed into your account within 24 hours of making your first deposit.
The minimum amount to qualify for this bonus is 0.20 mBTC as of mid-2022. However, there are a couple of things worth noting about this.
Firstly, the minimum deposit to qualify for the Free Spins offer is higher. At the time of writing, it’s fixed at 0.60 mBTC, for instance.
Secondly, these minimums can change. As you’ll almost certainly know by now, cryptocurrencies fluctuate drastically on an almost daily basis, and that creates problems for casinos like BitStarz. As a result, they may try to accommodate for this and create a more welcoming environment for the players by changing the minimum requirements.
After all, if that wasn’t the case then that 0.20 mBTC could be worth anywhere from $5 to $50 depending on where BTC is at that point.
Other things to keep in mind about this bonus include:
- The bonus is spread over your first four deposits with the site
- The first and last of these deposits are a 100% match; the other two are 50%
- The first, second, and fourth deposits are capped at 1 BTC. The third is capped at 2 BTC
You can also collect this bonus using traditional payment methods. However, the maximum amounts are much lower, so keep this in mind if you decide to opt for traditional currencies instead of cryptos.
VIP Welcome Bonus
If the aforementioned bonus is not quite what you’re looking for, BitStarz also has an Exclusive VIP Bonus. It’s not hugely different from the main Welcome Bonus, but it will certainly have more appeal for some players.
This bonus has a high minimum deposit of 0.15 BTC and is capped at 1 BTC, which is offered via a 125% match. It also grants 100 Free Spins and has a wagering requirement of just 40x.
It’s the best bonus for players who don’t want to spread their funds over multiple deposits and just want to get as much as they can with their first deposit. Whether that additional 25% boost is worth missing out on the other 3 deposit bonuses is entirely for you to decide, but it should be noted that you can collect other bonuses.
This is not the be all and end all, and you’ll still be given a chance to collect reload promotions once this bonus is done with.
BitStarz also has reload bonuses aimed at loyal players. All bonuses are subject to change and come with a long list of terms and conditions. Make sure you read these before you collect, otherwise, you could find yourself overlooking some key criteria and missing out on the bonuses.
To give you an idea of what these bonuses offer and how to get the most out of them, check out the following. All of these were active during the last review update in mid-2022.
- Slot Wars: This promotion runs weekly real money slot tournaments that give players a chance to win huge sums of cash and bundles of Free Spins. There are currently up to 5,000 Free Spins and €5,000 in the prize pool every week, with the winner earning €1,500 and the rest being shared equally. To qualify, you just need to play eligible slot machines, collect points, and work your way up the leaderboard.
- Table Wars: What happens if you like real money tournaments but aren’t a big fan of slot machines? That’s where these promotions come in. They offer around €10,000 in weekly bonuses, half of which goes to the top two players. It’s rare to see table game leaderboard promotions on online casinos, so these are a welcome sight.
- Welcome Freeroll: The Welcome Freeroll has €1,000 up for grabs every week. It’s offered to all new players and serves as a great way to introduce yourself to the casino. The prizes are not as high as the leaderboard promotions outlined above, but the competition isn’t as fierce, either, so it’s all relative.
If you’re not sure what you are entitled to, just visit the Promotions page and it will give you a run down. You will see all of the bonuses that are active right now, as well as the ones that you can join.
Also on this section is a list of “Upcoming Bonuses”. If you look at the bottom of these offers, you’ll see a gold text that indicates when you qualify. As a new player, it will typically say “Available after 4th deposit”, which means you need to clear your entire Welcome Bonus first.
- One of the Best Bitcoin Casinos
- A Hugely Respected Casino
- Licensed in Curacao
- Huge Selection of Quality Games
- Lots of Great Bonuses
- Solid Customer Support
Games and Software
There are around two dozen software developers providing games for the BitStarz online casino, making it one of the biggest and most diverse cryptocurrency casinos online.
That’s one of the reasons why the popularity of this casino has endured for so long, but BitStarz is not resting on its laurels. It is constantly adding to its selection and is striving to remain the biggest and best, which is great news for its loyal members.
Of course, quality is more important than quantity, but BitStarz has that in abundance as well.
The biggest developers on BitStarz include the hugely popular Microgaming, the masterful NetEnt, and the ingenious Betsoft. You can also see games from the likes of Quickspin, GameArt, Booming Games, Genesis Gaming, EGT, Platipus, Habanero, Nextgen, and Play’n GO.
To top things off, BitStarz has a Live Casino provided by Evolution Gaming. Listed on the biggest casinos online, Evolution Gaming has done more for the Live Casino industry than any other provider. Their games include a plethora of casino classics, including Baccarat, Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Poker, and more—all these games are available in several variants and several stake levels.
The great thing about Evolution Gaming is that they have never stopped innovating. This brand is responsible for countless modern casino classics like Dreamcatcher, the Lightning series, Deal or no Deal Live, and Monopoly Live. They decided to move away from the basics and to advance towards the unique, and as a result, we’ve seen some brilliant games launched over the last few years.
All of these games and more can be played using Bitcoins (and other cryptocurrencies) at BitStarz. And if these games aren’t quite what you’re looking for and you have had your fill of progressive jackpot slots, 3D bonus slots, and more, you can try your hand at BitStarz’s countless virtual table games, video poker creations, and number games (keno, bingo, sic bo).
It’s fair to say that you will never grow tired of the variety on offer. There really is something for everyone and for all stake levels, ranging from a few cents to several thousand dollars per game. If you are using Bitcoins, those limits climb even higher, making these games the perfect choice for high rollers.
BitStarz accepts a plethora of payment methods. These include Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and Bitcoin Cash. Players are also invited to use traditional payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards, web wallets, bank transfers, and instant payment services.
In the past, Bitstarz charged a small fee for deposits and this was one of the few issues we had with the site. Thankfully, that is no longer the case. If you deposit €100 (or the equivalent), you can play with €100. Just how it show be!
All BitStarz payments are instant. They are processed by the system straight away, after which it is up to the provider to move the money to the player’s account. With cryptocurrency methods, instant banking services, and web wallets, the money should be in your account within seconds. With credit cards, debit cards, and wire transfers, it can several working days.
Technically, there is no withdrawal limit at BitStarz, but there are limits tied to specific payment methods and these apply to both deposits and withdrawals.
If you’re using Bitcoins, for instance, you need to deposit a minimum of 0.0001 BTC and can withdraw a maximum of 10 BTC per transaction. There are no daily or monthly limits listed, however, so you can process your payments in repeat transactions.
Take a look at the BitStarz Payment page to learn more about specific deposit and withdrawal methods, including the processing time and transaction limits.
It’s also worth noting that these limits are subject to change and may increase or decrease as the price of cryptos fluctuate. It should also be noted that these minimums can differ from the minimum amounts listed on the Welcome Bonus and other bonuses. In other words, it’s possible to make a deposit that is accepted on the site and adds funds to your wallet, but is not large enough to unlock the Welcome Bonus.
And of course, if you have deposited without collecting the Welcome Bonus, you will no longer be a new player and so you can’t simply try again with another deposit.
Limits and Licenses
BitStarz is licensed in Curacao and is owned by a huge casino operator known as DAMA N.V. BitStarz is arguably the biggest brand that this company owns, but there are other big players on their books, including the hugely impressive Oshi Casino.
This may not seem very important, but it means that you’re dealing with a company that knows what it’s doing, a company that has some invaluable experience.
BitStarz’s license allows it to provide its services in countless regions around the world, covering pretty much all countries that don’t have their own regulators. This means that it operates in most Australian states, as well as Canada, New Zealand, and large parts of Africa and Europe. However, it is not available in the UK, where all casinos need a license from the UK Gambling Commission, or the United States, where the rules are incredibly strict.
For the same reason, BitStarz is not available in Sweden, Spain, France, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, and the Netherlands.
Other important things to note include the fact that:
- It has top-drawer customer support
- Live chat is available around the clock
- Multiple currencies are accepted
- It can be accessed in a host of different languages
In the eyes of many, BitStarz is the biggest and best cryptocurrency casino in the iGaming industry. But it’s so much more than that. It’s also the template by which many new Bitcoin casinos are built and upgraded. It’s a pioneer, an innovator.
If you’re building a sportsbook in the United Kingdom, you look to a site like William Hill. If you’re building a betting exchange, it’s all about Betfair. When it comes to cryptocurrency online casinos, you don’t need to look any further than BitStarz.
As you would expect from a site that does so many things right, BitStarz has an abundance of excellent user reviews out there and we had to look long and hard to find anyone who had anything negative to say.
Of the points that users have raised in the past, some of the genuine concerns include:
- Fees: It’s understandable why people have complained about Bitstarz fees in the past. These weren’t charged for all methods, but they could go as high as 2.5%, which was very high for a deposit fee. The site doesn’t charge these fees anymore.
- Slow Withdrawals: Most withdrawals are processed quickly and this is actually one of the most common benefits that users are praising. However, from time to time a withdrawal will get stuck in the system and it may take a few more hours to process. There are some users complaining about this, including one review that scored them 1/10 for a withdrawal that took 10 hours. We understand that it’s frustrating when you need to wait, especially if you’re waiting on a large amount of money, but we’ve reviewed countless casinos that process payments in 1 to 5 days, and if 10 hours is considered a rare delay, that can only be a good thing.
- Fast Deposit: A few players complained about a deposit pop-up that would trigger whenever a player’s account reached zero. We’ve seen this feature on many other websites and have been incredibly annoyed by it every time. Sometimes, it would appear when you were trying to make a deposit, and if you accepted the request, you would be sent into a loop. What we like about BitStarz is that they initiated the feature, realised that it was annoying players, and then took steps to remove it. At the same time, at one of the UK’s biggest sports books, this feature remains in its original form and is annoying as hell. It’s proof, if you needed it, that BitStarz is committed to its players.
- Rude Customer Support: These complaints are rare and they are often nestled among stacks of reviews that praise the company for its customer support. We can only comment on our personal experience which has been absolutely fantastic. We have encountered some shocking support in our times and the online gambling industry has some of the worst support of any sector, but BitStarz definitely doesn’t have this problem. The issue here is that you’re always going to get someone who is angry that things aren’t going their way and then reacts negatively when the customer support rep doesn’t give them everything they want. It’s important, therefore, to treat these comments with a pinch of salt and to only pay attention if there are a lot of them or you have personal experiences coming from a neutral perspective.
- Changing Site: It doesn’t matter how big the site is or how many changes have taken place, there will always be players who argue that the old days were better and that new changes have made the site worse. Such is the case with BitStarz. players don’t like the subtle changes in aesthetic, the new games/bonuses, and even the slower withdrawals. This last issue would be fine if true but when they say “slower”, they usually mean they have to wait 30 to 60 minutes as opposed to 5. Try playing at a casino like Cadoola, where withdrawals can take several days, and then see if you complain about waiting for half an hour!
- Losing Streaks: It doesn’t matter what site you’re looking at, you will always find a number of complaints about losing streaks, with players suggesting that the site somehow fixed things in their favor. We’ve even seen these on sportsbooks, as if entire sports are working against one player to rob them of their €50. It’s normal, it stems from a place of deep frustration, and as all sites are regulated, licensed, and use third-party audited games, it’s complete nonsense.
Even the best sites will have the occasional bad review and BitStarz is no exception, although it has some of the lowest number of bad reviews that we have seen. What really matters is how frequent and damning these reviews are and whether or not the casino responds.
Where BitStarz is concerned, it nearly always responds to bad reviews and complaints and it does so in a way that is professional, helpful, and incredibly friendly. It’s hard to remain polite and professional when you have an angry reviewer resorting to lies and slander (which happens when they are angry; let’s be honest, we’ve all done it) but BitStarz handles this perfectly.
Does BitStarz Accept Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the main payment method offered here, although you can also use a number of other payment methods.
What is the Withdrawal Limit at BitStarz?
There is no withdrawal limit listed but if you make multiple high withdrawal requests, you may face a brick wall eventually.
What is BitStarz's Association with Kingdom Casino?
Both BitStarz and Kingdom Casino have been given a high ranking on our casino top list. They are also owned by the same operator, DAMA N.V.
How Old is BitStarz?
BitStarz launched back in 2014, making it a veritable grandfather in the iGaming sector.
Does BitStarz Update its Games?
BitStarz is constantly updating its casino, focusing on games, payment methods, currencies, and even the design of the site.
Is BitStarz Available in the UK?
BitStarz does not have a license from the Gambling Commission of Great Britain, and so you can't play here if you are from the United Kingdom.
What is the BitStarz Welcome Bonus?
The Welcome Bonus is changing all of the time, but you can find the latest bonus at the top of this page. We're constantly updating this site, so be sure to check back regularly if you need more information about BitStarz.
Can I Join from the US?
BitStarz does not hold a US gambling license, as is the case with most casinos based outside of the United States. The US gambling laws are very strict and while they are relaxing, they typically require the casinos to be based in specific states and to hold licenses there.
BitStarz is one of the giants of the cryptocurrency casino sector, and its reputation is well deserved. Its bonuses are generous and while it is restricted in a handful of major countries, it also offers a wide range of payment methods, currencies, and languages to ensure its services are available to a wide range of players.
As a BitStarz Casino player, you have a wealth of great games at your disposal and can play your way to big rewards, take advantage of countless offers, and aim high with impressive jackpots.
It was one of the first sites that we reviewed here at CoinBuzz and we were very excited at the time. BitStarz essentially set the benchmark for us and created an example against which we have compared all other casinos. Initially, we loved the site but after reviewing more and more online casinos, including incredibly disappointing sites like wCasino, we realized just how brilliant it was compared to the competition.
Join BitStarz Casino today, make your first deposit, collect your Welcome Bonus, and enjoy one of the best cryptocurrency casinos on the internet.
After spending some time here, be sure to return to this page and leave a review to let us know your thoughts. We publish everything, good and bad, and are always happy to know what our readers think.
BitStarz Casino was one of the first sites that we reviewed. In fact, it was a large part of the reason that we began reviewing cryptocurrency casinos, as we saw what was happening, realised these sites were just as capable as their traditional currency counterparts, and decided to cover them. Since then, few sites have been able to compete with BitStarz and it has remained at the very top of our rankings.
We’re constantly updating this review to ensure that it deserves to stay at the top of our rankings, so everything you read above is relevant to the casino right now.