Launched in 2014, BitStarz helped to kick-start a new wave of Bitcoin casinos. Prior to the launch of this game-changing brand, Bitcoin casinos were on the fringes of the iGaming world. They ignored traditional payment methods, rarely worked with well-known iGaming developers, and weren’t always as safe and secure as they should have been.
BitStarz set out to do something different, combining Bitcoins with traditional payment methods and creating an online casino that all experienced players would recognise.
BitStarz helped to kick-start a new wave of Bitcoin casinos
Today, BitStarz stands out as one of the best cryptocurrency casinos on the internet. It is a reputation that has been carefully nurtured over several years, one that has welcomed thousands of players and offers some of the best bonuses in the industry.
In our BitStarz review, we’ll take an honest look at this top Bitcoin casino and try to be as subjective as possible as we pick apart its bonuses, payment methods, customer support, and more.
Since it first launched, BitStarz has been very generous with its Welcome Bonuses. One of its biggest bonuses is active right now and is one of the best we’ve seen on any cryptocurrency casino. Players can get up 5 BTCs or €/$500 when they join and make their first qualifying deposit.
In addition, players can get up to 205 Free Spins. The first 25 spins are released on sign up and arrive before you even make your first deposit. The rest of the spins (180) are provided as soon as you make your qualifying deposit.
BitStarz also has reload bonuses aimed at loyal players. However, all bonuses are subject to change and come with a long list of terms and conditions. Make sure you read these before you collect, otherwise, you could find yourself overlooking some key criteria and missing out on the bonuses.
- One of the Best Bitcoin Casinos
- A Hugely Respected Casino
- Licensed in Curacao
- Huge Selection of Quality Games
- Lots of Great Bonuses
- Solid Customer Support
Games and Software
There are around two dozen software developers providing games for the BitStarz online casino, making it one of the biggest and most diverse cryptocurrency casinos online. Of course, quality is more important than quantity, but BitStarz has that in abundance as well.
The biggest developers on BitStarz include the hugely popular Microgaming, the masterful NetEnt, and the ingenious Betsoft. You can also see games from the likes of Quickspin, GameArt, Booming Games, Genesis Gaming, EGT, Platipus, Habanero, Nextgen, and Play’n GO.
To top things off, BitStarz has a Live Casino provided by Evolution Gaming. Listed on the biggest casinos online, Evolution Gaming has done more for the Live Casino industry than any other provider. Their games include a plethora of casino classics, including Baccarat, Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Poker, and more—all these games are available in several variants and several stake levels.
The great thing about Evolution Gaming is that they have never stopped innovating. This brand is responsible for countless modern casino classics like Dreamcatcher, the Lightning series, Deal or no Deal Live, and Monopoly Live. They decided to move away from the basics and to advance towards the unique, and as a result, we’ve seen some brilliant games launched over the last few years.
All of these games and more can be played using Bitcoins (and other cryptocurrencies) at BitStarz. And if these games aren’t quite what you’re looking for and you have had your fill of progressive jackpot slots, 3D bonus slots, and more, you can try your hand at BitStarz’s countless virtual table games, video poker creations, and number games (keno, bingo, sic bo).
It’s fair to say that you will never grow tired of the variety on offer. There really is something for everyone and for all stake levels, ranging from a few cents to several thousand dollars per game. In Bitcoin terms, this means you can play for up to several Bitcoins.
BitStarz accepts a plethora of payment methods. These include Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and Bitcoin Cash. Players are also invited to use traditional payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards, web wallets, bank transfers, and instant payment services.
Some of these incur a fee of 2.5%, including Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Neteller, and Skrill. This is charged for deposits only, with ComePay being the only method that charges for withdrawals (0.2%).
All BitStarz payments are instant. They are processed by the system straight away, after which it is up to the provider to move the money to the player’s account. With cryptocurrency methods, instant banking services, and web wallets, the money should be in your account within seconds. With credit cards, debit cards, and wire transfers, it can several working days.
Technically, there is no withdrawal limit at BitStarz, but there are limits tied to specific payment methods and these apply to both deposits and withdrawals.
If you’re using Bitcoins, for instance, you need to deposit a minimum of 0.0001 BTC and can withdraw a maximum of 10 BTC per transaction. There are no daily or monthly limits listed, however, so you can process your payments in repeat transactions.
Take a look at the BitStarz Payment page to learn more about specific deposit and withdrawal methods, including the processing time, fee, and transaction limits.
Limits and Licenses
BitStarz is licensed in Curacao and is owned by a huge casino operator known as DAMA N.V. BitStarz is arguably the biggest brand that this company owns, but there are other big players on their books, including the hugely impressive Oshi Casino.
This may not seem very important, but it means that you’re dealing with a company that knows what it’s doing, a company that has some invaluable experience.
BitStarz’s license allows it to provide its services in countless regions around the world, covering pretty much all countries that don’t have their own regulators. This means that it operates in most Australian states, as well as Canada, New Zealand, and large parts of Africa and Europe. However, it is not available in the UK, where all casinos need a license from the UK Gambling Commission, or the United States, where the rules are incredibly strict.
For the same reason, BitStarz is not available in Sweden, Spain, France, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, and the Netherlands.
Other important things to note include the fact that:
- It has top-drawer customer support
- Live chat is available around the clock
- Multiple currencies are accepted
- It can be accessed in a host of different languages
As you would expect from a site that does so many things right, BitStarz has an abundance of excellent user reviews out there and we had to look long and hard to find anyone who had anything negative to say.
Of the points that users have raised in the past, some of the genuine concerns include:
- Fees: Many players have complained about the fact that BitStarz charges for deposits made using certain web wallets, including Neteller. A few of these reviewers have commented to suggest that this might be a deterrent to convince people to use cryptocurrencies and that may have something to do with it. However, it’s just as likely that they are being charged by the merchant for these transactions and don’t want to take the hit. It makes sense, especially as BitStarz is a Bitcoin-first casino and doesn’t really need web wallets.
- Slow Withdrawals: Most withdrawals are processed quickly and this is actually one of the most common benefits that users are praising. However, from time to time a withdrawal will get stuck in the system and it may take a few more hours to process. There are some users complaining about this, including one review that scored them 1/10 for a withdrawal that took 10 hours. We understand that it’s frustrating when you need to wait, especially if you’re waiting on a large amount of money, but we’ve reviewed countless casinos that process payments in 1 to 5 days, and if 10 hours is considered a rare delay, that can only be a good thing.
- Fast Deposit: A few players complained about a deposit pop-up that would trigger whenever a player’s account reached zero. We’ve seen this feature on many other websites and have been incredibly annoyed by it every time. Sometimes, it would appear when you were trying to make a deposit, and if you accepted the request, you would be sent into a loop. What we like about BitStarz is that they initiated the feature, realised that it was annoying players, and then took steps to remove it. At the same time, at one of the UK’s biggest sports books, this feature remains in its original form and is annoying as hell. It’s proof, if you needed it, that BitStarz is committed to its players.
- Rude Customer Support: These complaints are rare and they are often nestled among stacks of reviews that praise the company for its customer support. We can only comment on our personal experience which has been absolutely fantastic. We have encountered some shocking support in our times and the online gambling industry has some of the worst support of any sector, but BitStarz definitely doesn’t have this problem.
- Changing Site: It doesn’t matter how big the site is or how many changes have taken place, there will always be players who argue that the old days were better and that new changes have made the site worse. Such is the case with BitStarz. players don’t like the subtle changes in aesthetic, the new games/bonuses, and even the slower withdrawals. This last issue would be fine if true but when they say “slower”, they usually mean they have to wait 30 to 60 minutes as opposed to 5. Try playing at a casino like LadyHammer, where withdrawals can take several days, and then see if you complain about waiting for half an hour!
- Losing Streaks: It doesn’t matter what site you’re looking at, you will always find a number of complaints about losing streaks, with players suggesting that the site somehow fixed things in their favor. We’ve even seen these on sportsbooks, as if entire sports are working against one player to rob them of their €50. It’s normal, it stems from a place of deep frustration, and as all sites are regulated, licensed, and use third-party audited games, it’s complete nonsense.
Even the best sites will have the occasional bad review and BitStarz is no exception, although it has some of the lowest number of bad reviews that we have seen. What really matters is how frequent and damning these reviews are and whether or not the casino responds.
Where BitStarz is concerned, it nearly always responds to bad reviews and complaints and it does so in a way that is professional, helpful, and incredibly friendly. It’s hard to remain polite and professional when you have an angry reviewer resorting to lies and slander (which happens when they are angry; let’s be honest, we’ve all done it) but BitStarz handles this perfectly.
Does BitStarz Accept Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the main payment method offered here, although you can also use a number of other payment methods.
What is the Withdrawal Limit at BitStarz?
There is no withdrawal limit listed but if you make multiple high withdrawal requests, you may face a brick wall eventually.
What is BitStarz's Association with Kingdom Casino?
Both BitStarz and Kingdom Casino have been given a high ranking on our casino top list. They are also owned by the same operator, DAMA N.V.
How Old is BitStarz?
BitStarz launched back in 2014, making it a veritable grandfather in the iGaming sector.
Does BitStarz Update its Games?
BitStarz is constantly updating its casino, focusing on games, payment methods, currencies, and even the design of the site.
BitStarz is one of the giants of the cryptocurrency casino sector, and its reputation is well deserved. Its bonuses are generous and while it is restricted in a handful of major countries, it also offers a wide range of payment methods, currencies, and languages to ensure its services are available to a wide range of players.
As a BitStarz player, you have a wealth of great games at your disposal and can play your way to big rewards, take advantage of countless offers, and aim high with impressive jackpots.
It was one of the first sites that we reviewed here at CoinBuzz and we were very excited at the time. BitStarz essentially set the benchmark for us and created an example against which we have compared all other casinos. Initially, we loved the site but after reviewing more and more online casinos, including incredibly disappointing sites like wCasino, we realized just how brilliant it was compared to the competition.
Join BitStarz today, make your first deposit, collect your Welcome Bonus, and enjoy one of the best cryptocurrency casinos on the internet.